Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Biking in Pennsylvania

I'm embarking upon an experiment to use my bicycle for commuting to work. I'm into my third week of riding 23 miles/day (11.5 each way) and it's going pretty well. I've been able to ride mostly on back farm roads and although at this time of year it's dark on my ride home, I've not felt unsafe during the rides (I do have two rear LED lights, a front LED light, and a rechargeable light for the front - plus high visibility clothing). Ideally I'd like not to have a car for myself (and have just my wife and I share (we have two kids)), but not sure I'm getting enough buy-in from her and/or from the realities of living in a place served by sporadic/non-existent public transit, long distances, and potentially poor weather conditions for riding. Anyway, I'd like to see how many days I can go, or what % of days, I can ride. For the past three weeks I'm 12/14 biking, but the weather has been unusally warm for us.

1 comment:

Kim Greenlee said...

Hi Dan,

Welcome to the world of blogging! I hope you enjoy your blog as much as I've enjoyed mine. I'm actually in the process of moving off of Blogger and onto my own site because there is so much more that I want to do with my blog.

Good luck with this blog.

Kim